Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ciao Italia!

I had the opportunity to visit Milan for what Capernwray calls "10 Day Outreach" 

Being in Italy was one of the best experiences of my life so I thought I'd do a quick update to share some photos!

Top left: We would eat every meal as a team so having a table set for 14-20 people wasn't uncommon.
Top right: Our first meal in Italy was classic spaghetti and meatballs... Compared to Capernwray food ANYTHING we ate in Italy was a feast.
Bottom: Right when we arrived in Italy our host family decided to feed us with classic Focaccia bread from a bakery. These were a few other delights that were at the bakery.

A lot of the trip consisted of distributing literature for the church at either street markets like the one pictured above or in neighborhoods.

The food was quite interesting in Italy....
Top left: There were little tiny Nutella jars! Only as big as my fingers! So precious.
Top right: Porcupine lettuce... Interesting huh?
Bottom left: A table filled with espresso, coffee and hot chocolate cups.
Bottom left: Interesting fact, hot chocolate in Italy is actually the consistency of pudding. It was like eating hot pudding... I still have mixed feelings about this.

Left: The beautiful Duomo!
Top right: All the lovely ladies on my outreach!
Middle right: Right when we exited the underground station there was a man who kept grabbing both my and my friend Joff's hand... Creepy... I didn't know what he was doing until he poured birdseed in my hand and suddenly DOZENS of pigeons attacked us. He then insisted on money and started shouting at us when we told him we didn't have any.
Bottom right: My whole Italy team!

The Duomo AGAIN!

Inside the Galleria! It was amazing!


Those are the only pics for now. I'm sorry we've abandoned the blog.  I have been focusing on school and my other blog mainly... So if you want to keep up with me you can check out www.sequinsandchic.com. Breanna has been focusing on school work and college applications.  I really hope we can get back in the swing of things! 

I know I miss you all!


xoxo,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.