Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Recovering

Hey friends!

A few days ago I had my tonsils out and I am slowly (and rather painfully) recovering.

Look at what my sisters sent me a few days before? I LOVE cookie cake! It's going to be a few weeks before I can eat that again though.

It was super tasty :)

Morning of we shipped out to the Hospital. I hadn't eaten since midnight the night before. Ugh. I was SOOOOO cranky. I felt so bad for my mom and my aunt who came with me. I was a pill especially when it came to putting the IV in.  

Ow. The IV.

The surgery went well, and I was told my tonsils were "gnarly" looking... 

The time in the recovery room seemed to go fast (although I believe it was 2-3 hours) and I managed to drink 3 glasses of cold water and eat 2 cups of jello. 


My wrist band.

So far I've been home taking it easy. Eating lots of Sherbet, popcicles, jello and water. Yesterday a friend brought me some Panera's Mac 'N Cheese and it was the tastiest meal I've ever had. 

Who knew that the interest level of TV would decline after you've watched all the on demand bridal shows? I've resorted to watching Doomsday Preppers. Haha! 

Prayers are welcome because I've heard days 3-7 can be the worst, and so far today is one of the worst. :(

Well I'm off to take my next dose of antibiotics and enjoy a bowl of sherbet! 

xoxo,

Madeline

P.S. If any of ya'll are going to have your tonsils out or know someone who is feel free to leave a comment and I'll answer any questions I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.