Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Tea

Hello friends!

Can you believe it's the middle of December already? Do you have all you Christmas shopping done? I don't. Uh oh. 

A few weekends ago I went to Minneapolis (yes I went again) for a Christmas Tea/Luncheon that church my Aunt and Uncle work at hosted.

For the past 5 or 6 years I've helped out in the kitchen, but this year (since I'm a senior and it would be my last Tea for a while) I wanted to do something different. So I decorated and hosted a table with my friend Lindsey!

There are 60 different tables and each one is decorated by a different lady.

I decided that my table "theme" would be glitter. Are you surprised? Didn't think so... :)

The full table!


I picked up some plant poker accessories from Target last minute and bent
them into napkin rings! They were so sparkly!

I used sheets of sparkly scrapbook paper as place mats. The church gave
every lady their own mini cake as dessert! Aren't they beautiful?


Instead of place cards, we used glitter gift tags! They were super cute and
fit perfectly in with the table!

My centerpiece was 3 different size giant mason jars with
a cool bumpy texture. I filled them with glittery leaves and
red glitter ball ornaments!

A look at the chocolate cake, red place mat, green place card and a quick
peek at the favors!


The favors! Lindsey tried the idea of baking Sharpie on
mugs. She chose about 5 different Bible verses and
then stuffed them full of tasty ginger cookies!

It was so much fun being able to host a table and I think it turned out gorgeous. (But I might be biased since I love glitter and sparkly things) 

Let me know what you think!

Merry Christmas!

xoxo,

Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.