Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oh! Ah! You Wish You Were A KIOWA!

Friends! I'm back from Kamp Kanakuk! I missed ya'll so much, but I have so much to share!

As Breanna mentioned in my post they called me 5 days before Kamp started to ask if I'd stand in as Princess! I gladly agreed, and it was a life changing experience. I thought that I'd be able to teach my tribe so much but it was the other way around. They taught me so much. It was a humbling experience, because after two weeks I had to hand over my watch and stop going up front for flag every evening and it was sad seeing my co princess being up there without me. I had a wonderful time and wouldn't change it for the world though!

Now... Who wants to see some pictures?


Anna, Morgan, Me, Haley. Before War Paint and Headdresses.

Back Row: Thomas, Tyler, Mitch & Matt
Front Row: Anna, Morgan, Me, Haley

I seriously LOVED the headdress. I wanted to take it home.


The winning tribes for the summer! Kiowas and Cherokees!

During one of the indian dances.

One of the indian dances. I had to "play dead"

See? I told you that headdress was fabulous.

Us trying to be serious. 

Hope you enjoyed the peek into my life at Kanakuk during tribals! 

SS&T!

<3

Madeline


Yay Red! Yay White! Yay Kiowas!
Fight fight fight!
Rah rah rah rah rah! Rah rah rah rah rah! Rah rah rah rah rah!
Kickapoos, big chief, little chief, papoose, squaw.
Who?
Kiowas! Kiowas! RAH RAH RAH!
Say, who's number one? Number one? Number one?
Say, He's number one! Number one! Number one!
Say, who's number one? Number one? Number one?
Say, He's number one! Number one! Number one!
A-L-I-V-E! Alive alive alive is He!
A-L-I-V-E! Alive alive alive is He!
2-0-1-2, let Jesus Christ RISE UP in you!
2-0-1-2, let Jesus Christ RISE UP in you!
Go Kiowas go!
Go Kiowas go!
 Go Kiowas GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.