Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lace Shorts - Summer Project #1 - 20:24

Hey friends!

Well I'm slowly settling back into life after Kamp. So what do I do when I'm not running around Kanakuk all day long? I craft of course!

Yesterday I was volunteering at a second hand shop here in my home town and was tagging clothing to go out on the sales floor. They had tons of jeans and that reminded me of a few fashion photos I've seen on Pinterest lately of these adorable high waisted shorts with lace, studs, or other fun additions to them. What's a crafty girl to do? Buy two pair of men's high waisted jeans and set to work obviously! A few of my friends have asked me to make them a pair so when I do, I'll take photos and try to post a tutorial!

Without further ado... My Lace High Waisted Shorts!

Please excuse the dirty mirror!

Front lace pocket.

Back lace pocket. May I also point out my hair? It was rather adorable earlier.


20:24 - You may have noticed this in the blog post title and wondered what it means.
It stands for Acts 20:24. One of my favorite verses. I stitched it onto the waist band.

Front Lace Pocket

Front of shorts

Back lace pocket

Other front lace pocket with lace edging, bleaching and distressing.

Back lace edged pocket with bleaching and distressing.

Front lace pocket with bleaching and distressing.

Bottom of shorts can be rolled up or left down. They are bleached and distressed.

Close up of the embroidery!

Thanks for looking everyone! 

"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." - Acts 20:24

<3

Madeline

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Stars! Those shorts are adorable and so are you AND your hair :)
    I have never thought to stitch a verse on clothing, love it! What a way to carry God with you everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were tons of fun to make and I can't wait to wear them around!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have the tutorial on these?
    love them!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.