Friday, July 13, 2012

Kiowa Princess Episode 1: The Crowning


    Yo! Watsup?! Okay, here's a post imported from the foreign base of Kamp Kanakuk. Communication between Maddie and I has been a little more difficult this year for whatever reason (slow postal service, wrong address on my part, guerilla army interception- I don't know), so there may not be as many posts as usual from the Kamper of the Year. We apologize. However, I will still be interjecting comments in parentheses, and if that annoys you, I'm sorry, but I'm really not sorry.

Hey Friends!

    I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to post before I left for Kanakuk. (It's okay, we forgive you. I haven't blogged in months, so...) The Monday before I left I got a call from one of the directors to ask me if I wanted to be the first two week Kiowa Princess because the original girl couldn't make it! (Snaps for Maddie!) I said yes, so packing was even more insane and I had to make "Princess" t-shirts. Oh, by the way, I am staying for a month, but I'm only princess for two weeks.
    My sports speciality this year is Tri-Athlete instead of tennis and it's really challenging, but tons of fun. It's the only sport other than the wake-boarding speciality that's co-ed (ooh la-la) and all the guys are super encouraging as well as the girls.
    We had opening Tribal ceremony on the 17th and I got to dress up in moccasins, a red indian dress, and full feather headdress! (This I have got to see.) It was so neat. When I get home I'll post pictures!
    Well, I'm off to help the other princess plan Karnival! See ya!

<3

Madeline

P.S. Breanna here. I'm posting this really late (surprise, surprise) and Maddie is no longer princess. She will be coming home on Monday, actually. I heard she had strep, though, so please be praying for her health these last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.