Saturday, April 21, 2012

It's not Prom. It's Spring Formal.

As some of you might know I (Madeline) am homeschooled. My boyfriend (Cristian) isn't. Last fall he invited me to Homecoming at his school which was fun and we were intending to attend Prom together this Spring. Sadly the Prom was scheduled for a weekend that I was out of town so I couldn't go. But instead I signed up for the Homeschool Prom, only it's not Prom. It's Spring Formal. Not exactly sure why they don't call it Prom, but to each his own.

Sadly you have to be a homeschooler to go to homeschool Spring Formal so I couldn't bring Cristian along as my date. Well even if he was homeschooled you're not allowed to bring a date. (Crazy homeschooler rules)

So I went with my friend Liliana and Ben!

Liliana, Liliana's Dad, Ben and I.

Please excuse the fact that I didn't heed my mothers advice and "make sure to hold in my stomach for pictures"

OOOOH! OOOOH! See the dress I'm wearing? Yepp! THE BLUE ONE! Well... Not meaning to brag or anything... But I made it. I actually more so "re-fabricated" but it's pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. There were a ton of people who were saying "I love your dress, where did you get it?" and it was so satisfying to reply "Thank you! I made it myself." One person refused to believe me. I promise with my whole heart I will post better pictures soon!

<3

Madeline


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.