Friday, January 13, 2012

Off To San Diego!

Not my photo


Well friends on Wednesday I am off to San Diego! My mom is a CAbi consultant and their Spring '12 training is out in California and I'm so excited because I haven't gone along with her to "The Scoop" (as her training is called) for a year and a half! I can't wait to sit by the pool and soak up some sun while reading a good book. The cold Wisconsin winter has gotten to me and I definitely think I need a bit of a tan! I'll hopefully be able to attend the fashion show to see the new spring line, which from all the sneak previews looks fabulous.

So I pose a question to you blog friends. What should I bring along to read? So far I have
 "Between Shades of Grey"
and
"The Boy In The Striped Pajamas"
packed and ready to go but is there anything I just need to read? I'm getting tired of all my required school reading so something light and fun is preferable. I just finished "Brave New World" which I didn't like at all, but the few people who I talked to who had read it really liked it. I'm not sure why though. I guess it just wasn't my type of story. I'm reading "The Hiding Place" right now and it's my new favorite book. If you haven't read it yet, run don't walk to the local library or book store to get it. It is such a powerful book.

<3

Madeline

1 comment:

  1. Aw man I'm jealous. Take me with you please!
    Have you ever read Stargirl? It's an easy read but it's such a good book. I love it at least.
    Have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.