Monday, December 19, 2011

Get Ready For A Cheesequake!

Have you ever been to The Cheesecake Factory? If you haven’t (and I think all who have can agree that) it’s a place of wonder and excitement and delicious food chock-full of calories. One of Maddie and my absolute favorite hors d’oeuvres on the menu is probably the most calorie-laden: fried mac and cheese balls.
Last week I had the urge to try my hand at making these artery-clogging-heart-stoppers, so I surfed the web until I found the closest thing I could without hacking into the restaurant’s recipe database. You may want to strap yourself to your seat because you are about to witness a cheesequake (forgive me). This recipe contains TWO POUNDS of cheddar and Gouda!





  Yeah, I know. Only in America. We had to break out our largest pot in our cupboards because this recipe makes FORTY spheres of cheesy goodness!  After we formed the reformed childhood favorite into little three-dimensional circles, otherwise known as spheres, and coated them with an egg n’ milk mix and breadcrumbs, it was time to start fryin’. My great grandmother was making a batch of rosettes (fried Norwegian cookies) once and severely burned her legs by dropping the pot of boiling oil down her front, so I have a slight phobia of frying things. 
I wasn’t going to take any chances...
Since we weren’t planning on having an army over for dinner, we took out six cheese balls and put the rest in the freezer (where our supply will slowly diminish over the next two years).
Now if you don’t already have your family Christmas meal planned, this is the meal that keeps on giving.
I hope you all are happy and healthy this season and don’t forget the real reason!
Love, your punny blogger,
Breanna =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.