Friday, November 4, 2011

Snickers and Reeses and Smarties! Oh MY!


Well friends,

Plans changed rather last minute and I went Trick-Or-Treating with some friends of mine.

"Aren't you a little old to be Trick-Or Treating Madeline?"
(Atleast that's what my mom asked me)

Yes, I probably am too old to be out Trick Or Treating, but I justified it by saying it would be the last time I'd trick or treat without my own children. No, I'm not going to have a kid before Halloween next year. I'm just going to refrain from going out until I'm 30-ish with kids of my own. Now of course that doesn't mean I won't still dress up for Halloween. I love making costumes! I will always dress up if given the chance! (Next crazy costume idea of mine is to make Glinda's "Bubble Dress" from Wicked, we'll see how that goes)
(Backstage photo: from Galinda's Wardrobe.com)
One thing's forsure. I thought Halloween candy would be the death of me.


There was SO. MUCH. CANDY.

I weighed it. 11 pounds.

I knew that I'd just continue eating it until it was gone, as would my parents (I had to hide the candy we were giving away from them so they wouldn't eat it all) so I brought my bag to Youth Group (after taking all the Kit Kats out mind you) set it on the table and told the kids to "Have at it!" It was like a stampede of elephants. Since the majority were "church kids" I'm pretty sure they'd never been trick or treating, much less seen that much candy before. All I was left with were a few suckers, a mini Heath bar, a fun sized Three Musketeers bar and those strange black and orange candies no one eats. That was very quick and effective!
Now, I wonder if I can do that with our Thanksgiving leftovers this year too...? *taps chin n thought*

Hope you had a fun and candy filled Halloween!

<3

Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.