Monday, October 24, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

    Ever since I can remember I've wanted to travel the world. Maybe the desire grew in me from the number of times my mom and I have moved around or maybe I've just inherited her adventurous spirit, but whatever the case, living in one spot for the rest of my life has never been an option. However, it's hard to be a person with big dreams if you're not a person with big funds. I- along with a large percent of the worldly population- am one of those people. Of course, I don't really care and I will continue to search for cool places to visit until I tire of it (which will be never). Even if I have to pull a Jean Beliveau and walk around the world.
    I recently joined Pinterest and now I am constantly looking up pictures of cities and states and countries and "pinning" them to my "boards". Here is a portion of the indefinite list of places I would like to see sometime in my life.
    Let's start in the States:
1. West Virginia- I'm not too familiar with this state, but I found an absolutely gorgeous picture of Grist Mill.

 2. Boston, Massachusetts- Apparently this picture is of a casket delivery. The picture is just so beautiful, though, isn't it? All of the white sails just like clouds floating on the clear blue water. Then it directed me to a website: 24hourCaskets.com! High quality caskets at the best price direct to the funeral home of your choice - anywhere in Massachusetts. I know I shouldn't laugh....

3. Santa Fe, New Mexico- My mom says this is her favorite city. I love all the adobe structures and the Spanish feel, and I think that's what she likes too. Hopefully that will be a trip in the near future.

Now, let's move a little southeast of Minnesota.... okay a little more to the east.... THERE!
4. Toronto, Cananda- Now that's a city! Wowzers!

Okay, now we're going to look at a college Maddie and I are planning on going to the first year out of high school.
5. Capernwray, Lancashire, England- I'm not 100% sure on how to write the location of this place, but whatever the case, Capernwray Bible School is a castle on the countryside- sheep and all!

You may have heard through the grapevine that I am half Italian. No, I'm not from New Yohk or New Joysey and I do not fake-bake or wear a poof. But I would like to go back to my ancestor's home country:
6. Secily, Italy- I know the least about my dad's side of the family, and some day I hope to go on a trip with my dad.
7. Manila, Philippines- My cousin works for a company here and one day we really want to visit him... and the mountains. ;-)

Some non-related places I would like to visit are:
8. Santorini, Greece- Mama Mia! Here I go again! My my, how can I resist you?


9. Rome, Italy- While my dad and I are in Sicily, we might as well just be-bop over to Rome! Oh, they're over 300 miles apart? This might have to be a separate trip.


10. St. Petersburg, Russia- Watch out, Anastasia!


I'd love to hear about the places you'll go, too! By all means, leave a comment and let us know!

=)

Breanna

The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting...
No! That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape all that waiting and staying. You’ll find the bright places where Boom Bands are playing. With banner flip-flapping, once more you’ll ride high! Ready for anything under the sky. Ready because you’re that kind of a guy! (or girl. We'll cut him some slack.)
Kid, you’ll move mountains!
So…be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ale Van Allen O’Shea, you’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So…get on your way!
~excerpts from "Oh, The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Ireland and see cool old castles, the Giant's Causeway....and Declan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Yes! I watched Leap Year again last night and I am definitely on the same page as you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.