Thursday, September 29, 2011

You've Been Invited...

To HOMECOMING!!!!!!!

Whoa. Did Maddie just say she was invited to Homecoming? Yes indeed I was by this fella right here.


That one who's about 10 shades tanner than everybody else... Jealous? Extremely.


My parents agreed with a few rules.


1) We have to be with a group

2) Homework on my end had to be done (I don't think they could really monitor if his is finished or not...)


3) We can't stay til the dance ends at 1 (Or maybe it's 2, but no matter I couldn't stay out that late if I tried!)


Here's what it looks like so far


1) He couldn't find a group that could agree on a place for dinner so we're going to dinner with my parents at a fancy restaurant here in town. Plus we'll be able to get great photos at the restaurant cause it's so pretty. We'll join up with a bunch of our friends that we know at the dance later on in the evening.


2) Well, homecoming is still 10 days away. I still have to do homework.
 

3) I mean I probably could stay out that late but I don't think he's as much of a night owl as I am and we have church in the morning.



******



I purchased a dress while shopping with Breanna. It was sparkly and gorgeous and white and did I mention sparkly? Then I tried it on when I got home and wow, even though it had a chiffon overlay and and white underlay the fabric was not very thick cause it was practically SHEER! *sobs a little*



Then while in Minneapolis over the weekend for the Desiring God conference my mom and I went to white house black market and she purchased a very sophisticated LBD (little black dress) for me. It was very pretty but I wasn't crazy about it plus it was a bit big and when a dress is strapless too big isn't a very good thing.



Then we stopped at a sweet little chain boutique called Francesca's (if you ever see one stop in!) and I found a cute one shoulder dress and had my mom return the others because not only were we saving a lot of money but I liked the dress more!
Then for shoes I have some wonderful nude heels (that Breanna and I both own!)




I also found some earring at Nordstroms that match perfectly with the crimson color on my dress, AND for only $6.00! (I can't find a picture of them right now)

That's pretty much all I have to report on as of now. There should be pictures taken homecoming night, probably of the traditional yet awkward Corsage and Boutonniere exchange. Which reminds me, I need to order him one and tell him to get a wrist corsage since the fabric of the dress wouldn't support it. Hmm... I'm rambling! Gah! Talk to you soon!

<3

Madeline (One VERY excited girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.