Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino


I'm sure there have been MANY posts and recipies on how to make these yummy delights... (Wow, I just googled it out of curiosity, there are)

After spending probably hundreds on these drinks (cause come on, you just HAVE to get the medium...) I decided I needed to learn to make them. So last time I was in Starbucks I kinda stalked the barista from across the counter as he was making my drink. Here's what I could see...

1 cup of milk (When I made mine I only had 1% on hand but Whole milk would be the best cause it's thicker)
About 2 cups of ice
A shot of vanilla flavoring but I'm thinking the concentrated vanilla extract would work just as good in a smaller amount... Maybe 1/8 of a Tsp?
1/3 cup of chocolate chips (any kind, I used semi sweet, I think I'm going to use some dark chocolate baking tokens next time instead, but hey, you can use white chocolate or milk chocolate if you wanted)
3 tbsp of chocolate syrup
2 tbsp of sugar.


I tossed it all in the blender and hit power.... But I wouldn't do that if I were you. For a smoother drink (I'm just guesstimating here) put a splash of milk (1/4 or 1/3 cup) then toss your chocolate chips in. Blend that up first so as to avoid those chunks that get caught in your straw. Then toss the Ice in and blend that up too so it's a finer consistency. After the ice chunks are to a size you like toss the rest in and blend her right up!
Makes enough for two servings... One for you and one for a friend! (Or all for you if you are like me)
Top with Whipped Cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, apply for job at Starbucks and wow them with your Frappuccino making skills.

Enjoy!

<3

Madeline

P.S. You could throw in a shot of expresso or some coffee for a java taste but I prefer my Double Chocolate Chip Fraps untainted by the taste of coffee since I'm not a big fan ;)


1 comment:

  1. I cannot be any happier that I found my favorite Starbucks drink, and can make it at home! Thank you so much! I'm so excited to bring it with me to my finals! Make all of them jealous haha! Thanks again! So helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.