Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The DC Experience

    Right now there are three things that I am obsessed with:

Nutella,


Family Ties,




and planning for the trip my mom and I will be taking to Washington DC this summer. At the moment we plan to go sightseeing the first full day, see Wicked two days later, take a tour of the White House one of the days, go to Mt. Vernon and maybe Monticello another day, tour Fords Theater, go to at least two of the Smithsonian museums and take a bus tour of Arlington Cemetery. I've been studying our tour book to find some good restaurants to go to, but if you live in the DC area or have been there and know of a really good place to eat downtown or in Old Alexandria I'd love to hear from you. I'm still working on mapping out the exact itinerary, but all I know is that I'm going to have to put some downtime in there somewhere or I'll be ready to punch someone in the face by the end of our trip.
   My mom and I have never taken a real family vacation before, and since we've been studying American history this year and I only have two years left of high school, we thought it would be a great opportunity to visit our nation's capital. It's even better that it's the year before the presidential election! I mean wouldn't it be great if there just happened to be a Tea Party or a protest on the White House lawn while we were there? ;-) All the history around there is so fascinating! It's really a place where the past and present come together. As much fun as it would be to live in a different country, I feel that I would miss our government system too much. Ever since I was little I've dreamt of being involved in politics and it just wouldn't be the same anywhere else. Firstly, I wouldn't know the system as well, and secondly I'm so very proud of my country after living here all my life that I'd feel like I'd be betraying a huge part of me.


So if you have any suggestions of restaurants, museums, anything cool that I didn't mention and just can't miss out on, please, please, PLEASE e-mail me at the address linked to "hear from you" above!

=)

Breanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.