Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How To Write A Proper To-Do List

If your like me, then you are crazy unorganized flying around at 100 mph at all times (even when the speed limit on craziness is 25 mph) So I thank God daily for giving me the wonderful gift of lists. I love lists, they make me feel so organized and in control (while in reality I really am not organized) and I love being able to take my pen, pencil or other writing object I happen to have on hand and either fill in the little circle, check the box or cross the item or task off my list. How do you go about creating a proper to-do list you ask? Simple! You only need a few things!


Paper (Preferably lined paper but any will do)
Pen, Pencil or Marker
Optional: Highlighter


First access the tasks that need to be completed, here's an example...
Laundry, Put in dryer
Write Thank you notes
Clean Room
Do Homework
Feed Dog
Do Dishes
Make Birthday Gift


Second check the time... Oh look it's 12:45 and the mail gets picked up at 1:15... You have 4 thank you notes to write? Guess what is number 1? That comes first! (You can also use letters of the alphabet but I prefer numbers)


1.) Write Thank You Notes


Did you just put the clothing in the washing machine? It's a short cycle, only 30 minutes. Let's do dishes!


1.) Write Thank You Notes
2.) Do Dishes


BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP Okay, cycle completed, but look! The cupboard is on the way to the laundry room. Let's feed the dog! (Assuming that it's near meal time for your pup)


1.) Write Thank You Notes
2.) Do Dishes
3.) Feed Dog
4.) Put Laundry in the Dryer


Well we are down to the final three tasks. The birthday party is this evening but you have no place to craft it up... Looks like you need to clean a space, I guess cleaning your room is the next thing on the list!


1.) Write Thank You Notes
2.) Do Dishes
3.) Feed Dog
4.) Put Laundry in the Dryer
5.) Clean Room


Now, how much homework do you have? A large hunk? A small bit? No matter what you will always focus better in a clean environment so let's tackle homework next. Even if you only get 3/4 done that's only 1/4 you have to do after the party tonight!


1.) Write Thank You Notes
2.) Do Dishes
3.) Feed Dog
4.) Put Laundry in the Dryer
5.) Clean Room
6.) Do Homework
7.) Make Birthday Gift


Make sure that you allow yourself enough time to make the birthday gift (unless you're one of those people who buy things... *Raises guilty hand* But Hey! I craft quite a few of my gifts thank you!) and to allow for paint or glue to dry if that is part of the project!


Congrats! You just finished your to-do list! Take a break! Get yourself a soda (or water if you are cutting down on sugar, personally I'm not so I'll help myself to a Sprite!) Enjoy that party that you're going to tonight ;)


<3
Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yippee! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment! We (literally) squeal with joy when we get one, call each other and sit on the phone for hours discussing said comment.